Sunday, February 10, 2008

Radical Revisions

Well, it's been a while. I've been focused on completing some projects. Had a great conference in November, with the Labyrinth Society. Went to a Wholistic Rodeo in Kerrville. Both seemed terribly urgent at the time. Now, they are both just things I went to do, places I visited, ways I met people, grew my vision, and became more attuned to myself.

I will post, next time, about an amazing healing experience I had at the Labyrinth Conference. Just a teaser, for now, though.

I am in flux.

You see, last night I stayed up late, mesmerized. I read Become Younger, a book by Norman Walker, one of several he wrote on health, and I have embraced my extremism in response. I am now officially raw vegan. I just went through my fridge and took out everything that needs cooking or has been cooked already. I packed up all the grains and beans, all the meats, all the flours and condiments, even the Rice Dream frozen desserts that have been a staple in our house forever. I'll take it all to a friend of mine in a bit.

While I was concerned that I would have little left, I am pleased to see that my fridge is still pretty full. I've already been flirting with Raw food practices, so I've got a lot of produce. I am adjusting my priorities around my new food choices. I'll need a better juicer. I think, though, that just stopping my intake of the things that are harmful will make a big difference.

Then, just because I didn't feel destabilized enough, I re-watched The Story of Stuff. It's 20 minutes of distilled truth that has changed my way of seeing everything. Check it out-

http://www.storyofstuff.com/

From there, I found this interesting expose on the World Bank-

http://www.50years.org/factsheets/FAQ-FactSheet_3.9.04.pdf

I had no idea that it has all been so deliberate. A few years back, I found this other site that talks about how money is flowing uphill at an alarming rate. That's this one-

http://www.seek2know.net/money2.html

I have been on a cash basis for some time. I have one credit card that doesn't go negative, ever. I put cash on it when I want to buy something online. I have another with a small credit limit, only $500, and I pay it all the way off every month. I don't contribute the the growing economic topheaviness of the global culture. It's small comfort, though.

I choose to contribute to the organizations that are working to create a new model of accountability and positive impact. Check out the Grameen Foundation-

http://www.grameenfoundation.org/

Or sponsor a survivor of the ongoing global war-

http://www.womenforwomen.org/


Or a child impoverished by the one sided flow of wealth-

http://www.children.org/

It might be hard to take in all the imbalances of our culture at once. I find myself coming up against fear, hopelessness, anger. I go back to the Zen Buddhist saying: "If there is a problem, and you can do something about it, don't worry. And if there is a problem, and you can do nothing about it... don't worry."

I'm taking action. Small steps, growing awareness, increased personal focus and power. As bad as it all looks, I am happy to say that I feel hopeful, at least right now. There is so much change emerging, so much love and care moving in the world. That's where I connect myself. And by living consciously, I hope to expiate some small measure of my long complicity in the creation of the troubles. I hope to bring change by being the change. What about you?

Peace,
Crow the Free Radical

No comments: