Sunday, September 03, 2006

Evolution and Pacing

I keep thinking that I'm coming to a resting point, that the frenetic pace of my growth and transformation will abate. Then I go do something supposedly restful and find myself further accelerated. Like riding a motorcycle at 95 miles per hour, like giving myself to the eight foot waves of a stormy Pacific, I am riding the immense power, delicately balanced between flight and destruction.

My teachers are climbing out of the woodwork. My young helper for masonry, my fellow Zaadster with a strong penchant for community, my son and his video game, the new/old friend I met last night who knows the relationship between tantra and the Qabbalah. Rest is apparently something I'm not yet needing.

Omalika is an amazing creature. He's nearly eighteen, going on twelve at times, going on sixty at others. He was born in Hawaii to a mother who is willfully independent, hailing from a well to do family in Taiwan. He was un-schooled and organically grown, which may well account for his balance of wisdom and practicality. His Aunt has been in a coma for forty years, outliving both her parents and bringing to light some of the failings of Taiwan's medical institutions. (This link will clarify that story, if you are interested~
www2.unescobkk.org/eubios/ABC4/abc4099.htm ) His family reality is complex, to say the least. He has a very generous heart, and an eye for perfection that delights me when we work on masonry together. He brings me movies and anime that range from beautiful and depressing to gentle and whimsical. I appreciate him more all the time, especially for his ability to bring laughter to our work.

Frank is a gem of a human being. He is a remarkable blend of extrovert and self sufficiency. No flashiness or need to be seen. He is genuinely attuned to the needs of others, and thinks outwardly all the time. He also has a talent for trusting the process and saying what he's hearing, even if it doesn't make sense to him. It always makes sense to me, and it's usually exactly what I need to hear. He is a brilliant prosperity coach, and if you seek such guidance, you can contact him via his website~

http://www.frankbutterfield.us/

I'm so lucky to have found him, here and now, when I need a wise and stable ear for some of my trials, a companion for spiritual adventure, and a friend with excellent integrity and humor.

Zander is as delightful as ever. We have been easy on each other from the start, which I have always appreciated, since Robby and I are like oil and water. Having a difficult first parenting experience makes it very easy to be grateful for the easy one that follows. Of course, I can see the ways that I made things worse between Robby and I, and I learn from those errors, determined not to repeat my mistakes with Zander. Lately, we have embarked on a quest of mythic proportions, at least in cyberspace. Our alternate reality of choice is called Dragonquest 8. And perhaps it is where I take my rest. The quest is simple, the dangers are manageable, the resources are plentiful, and every problem has a solution. Not very much like reality as I have known it. And very much like reality as I have known it. Hmm, opposite but true. I guess it depends on my outlook at the time.

I attended a feast for those who choose live foods, last night. It was a delight, and a bit overwhelming, with so many new faces, so many powerful presences. I enjoyed the food and the connections. I was careful not to let myself be overwhelmed by the currents of energy. I plan to attend again, next month. There was a presentation, and the teacher and I had good rapport. Later we sat on the Greenbrier labyrinth, which is happily located near the potluck site. She also supports me in my vision of becoming whole and empowered. Life is generous, indeed.

Namaste,
Crow

No comments: