Sunday, August 20, 2006

Swimming Deep in the Current

For two and a half months, I have been so incredibly deep in process. It has been extreme, intense, transformative... I could go on with superlatives. Oh, man. I could have posted a hundred things. I have been in it, living it. No chance to step back and write about it. Finally though, I'm slowing down and I plan to do my best to catch up. Here, I'll just catalog some of the main events of my summer. Later, I'll try to cover each one in more depth.

In Wales, I did indeed go to sacred sites. I visited Stonehenge, Avebury, West Kennet Long Barrow, and Aurthur's Stone. I left offerings to the fey in three places. I walked the Glastonbury Tor Labyrinth. I received the blessing of the Morrigan. I received not one but two four leaf clovers. I walked barefoot the whole time through nettles and thisles, and only got stung a few times in twelve hours. My guide, a wonderful devotee of the Goddess in British Isles tradition, guided me through a vision to my true path.

I celebrated the minimum moon on a Welsch beach with my magical son. The goddess is on the rise again. I made it home and found that the labyrinth had continued to grow while I was gone. We built and built and it still wasn't finished. Zander and I went to a dowsing conference, and shared space with dozens of special spirits. He learned how to bend spoons. I learned to dowse for the Tree of Life. He made friends with some great dowsers. I built a labyrinth on the beach with several other dowsers.

I facilitated the departure of our housemates. They've both moved to a mobile home I own in a nearby town. I first bought it way back when I was a firefighter. They're doing a great job fixing it up and making it their own. Plans are in the works to get things straightened out so they can buy it. I'll be finished with it, and they'll have a place of their own. Win-win.

Zander and I ate at a vegan restaurant in Santa Cruz, and the food was so good that I was inspired to go all raw. Over the last five weeks, I've learned dozens of new recipes, I've transformed my whole kitchen for my new food practices. My skin, which has been troubled since I was a teenager, is clear for the first time in my life.

I found the courage to tell my husband that I needed to stop being married. He is a good man, kind and generous and loving, and I have a different path. I'm glad that I have the awareness to leave him without being hurtful or laying blame. I've moved to the other end of the house and started making my space my own.

I finished the Greenbrier Labyrinth. It looks better than I had hoped. It took way longer than I like, but it's done, and I only paid a little for the privelege of building it. I can say that I built the first Labyrinth in a public park in Austin Texas. I met with a fellow devotee of Sacred Geometry, and felt my network of magical insights strengthen.

I had a series of powerful and revelatory dreams. I learned that I have some mythical underpinnings for my life and its resonant cycles. I am a fire horse woman. I made myself more visible on the net, found amazing new friends, got support in transformation. I let go of the image of Jesus on the cross and transformed him into the shining saint he ought to be. I welcomed fiery Pele into my subconscious and superconscious, bringing light and life to a place of suffering. I went to my favorite church, the First Spiritualist Church of Austin, and got excellent confirmation of my progress.

I started a new work project, working with a beautiful new stone. I put on a great birthday party for Zander, set up his pool for his guests, helped assemble his new trampoline, and baked him an all raw chocolate cake that he liked. I made better connections to the elders available to me. I felt little surprise when my father came into my life with demands and judgments, and little surprise when he made a hasty departure because I didn't meet his expectaions.

I'm in preparations for Zander's initiation, to fulfill a promise to the Green Man for when Zander was four years old and very ill. In vision quest, I met with the Growing One himself, and he promised to heal Zander in return for his service later in life. At the time, I was concerned that I was promising something for someone else, and what if Zander didn't want to keep that end of the bargain? I needn't have worried. Zander loves the growing things. We had a tree fall in the yard over the weekend. Zander went to it and gave it a hug and told it sorry.

Every sentence above could easily be expounded upon to fill a whole post on its own. It's been ten weeks of magic and beauty and miracles. I'm looking forward to more.

Namaste,
Crow

No comments: